The module will address the precautions that all technology users must take to guarantee their personal safety and the security of their network while also protecting others.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand how to create strong passwords and 2-factor authentication.
- Understand what a firewall is: how to activate it, block/ unblock.
- Understand the risks of using public computers/networks.
- Understand the different types of Malware.
- Understand how to install and use Antimalware software.
- Understand how to act and respond to Phishing.
- Identify security issues related to mobile phones, including personal information compromised if a phone is lost or stolen.
- Safe online behaviour.
- Protection of personal information online.
Introduction to the Module
Module 8: Overview
Module 8: Pre-assessment quiz
Module 8: What you will learn
Module 8: Resources
Topic 1: Technology protection and measures
Introduction to Technology protection and measures
Assignment 1: Secure Password Creation
Assignment 2: What is CAPTCHA?
Assignment 3: Phishing Email Creation
Topic 2: Risks of malware, spyware and adware
Introduction to Risks of malware, spyware and adware
Assignment 1: What is Malware?
Assignment 2: What is Adware?
Topic 3: Social Media Security
Introduction to Social Media Security
Assignment 1: Social Media
Test your knowledge!
Module 8: Post-assessment Quiz
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet